You may plead Not Guilty, Guilty, or Nolo Contendere to the charge(s) filed against you. lf you are sixteen (16) years of age or younger, you must communicate with the court through a parent or legal guardian. A plea of Nolo Contendere means that you do not contest the State’s charges against you. Regardless of your plea, you must respond to the charge(s) on or before the appearance date on your citation.

lf you wish to plead Not Guilty, you must submit a written plea and an Appearance Bond if required by the Justice of the Peace. lf you wish to dispose of the charge(s) without making a personal appearance, you may enter a plea of Nolo Contendere or Guilty and remit the appropriate fine. Follow the links below for Plea Forms and a Schedule of Fines.

You may pay fines by credit/debit card, money order, or cashier’s check. We do not accept cash or personal checks. We add a 5½% surcharge on all credit card transactions. You can pay in person, by phone, or online. Make money orders and cashier’s checks payable to “Justice of the Peace, Precinct __” using the precinct number identified on your citation. Convictions of offenses where you pay any part of a fine, court costs, or restitution on or after the 31st day after the date on which a judgment is entered assessing said fine, court costs, or restitution will result in the assessment of an additional $25.00 time payment fee for each applicable offense.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email