Meat Packing Facility
Irrigated Crop Land
Parmer County, Texas
Carved from the famous XIT Ranch in 1907, Parmer County encompasses 882 square miles bordering New Mexico in the south-central Texas panhandle. With a population of just over 10,000, our county includes the communities of Friona, Farwell, Bovina, and Lazbuddie, each the home of award winning schools. At an altitude of 4100 feet, we average over 250 days of sunshine and 15″-16″ of precipitation annually. Agricultural industries drive an economy where unemployment is less than 3%, and the cost of living is 18% below the national average.
- Voters in Parmer County may soon be able to vote at any polling location on Election Day.
- Inclement Weather Schedule
- Notice of Tax Abatement Consideration
- ReDistricting Project
- NEW INMATE VISITATION GUIDELINES
- Unfunded Mandates and How They Affect Property Taxes
- Notices of Foreclosure
- Burn Ban HAS BEEN LIFTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Public Hearing during Commissioners Court June 12, 2023. County Wide Polling
- next Commissioners’ Court Meeting is june 12, 2023 at 10:00 a.M.