Meat Packing Facility
Irrigated Crop Land
Carved from the famous XIT Ranch in 1907, Parmer County encompasses 882 square miles bordering New Mexico in the south-central Texas panhandle. With a population of just over 10,000, our county includes the communities of Friona, Farwell, Bovina, and Lazbuddie, each the home of award winning schools. At an altitude of 4100 feet, we average over 250 days of sunshine and 15″-16″ of precipitation annually. Agricultural industries drive an economy where unemployment is less than 3%, and the cost of living is 18% below the national average.
- ReDistricting Project
- Notice of Meeting to Vote on Tax Rate
- Jury Proceeding Addendum to Covid-19 Operating Plan
- NEW INMATE VISITATION GUIDELINES
- 2 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- TxDMV COVID-19 Information
- Disaster Declaration
- Unfunded Mandates and How They Affect Property Taxes
- Notices of Foreclosure
- Burn Ban is in effect for 90 days.